GetChecked Manitoba toolkit
Use the resources in this toolkit to promote awareness of cancer screening in your organization and show you are committed to helping your employees make healthy lifestyle choices.
Screening is for people who have no symptoms.
- BreastCheck recommends most women age 50-74 have a screening mammogram every 2 years.
- CervixCheck recommends most women age 21-69 who have ever been sexually active have a Pap test every 3 years.
- ColonCheck recommends most men and women age 50-74 do a home screening test (stool test) every 2 years.
Check out the toolkit:
|Email content includes: Screening Scavenger Search, Email blast content, e-newsletter sign-up.|
|Display items includes: posters, brochures, banners, quizzes, demonstration kits, tent cards and a video.|
|Newsletter content includes: infographics, advertorials to include in newsletters or e-newsletters.|
|Social media items include: links to our social media pages and suggested social media posts.|
TIP: You may choose to centre your cancer screening promotion or events around these established dates:
- February 4th is World Cancer day.
- March is National Colon Cancer Awareness month.
- October is National Breast Health Awareness month.
- The 3rd week in October is National Cervical Cancer Screening Awareness week.
Enter to win!
Tell us what you are doing to increase awareness about breast, cervix and colon cancer screening in your workplace and we will enter you in our annual contest to win a great prize! Click here to enter.